Welcome to my blog! Thoughts, updates, and photos from my 2 years in Peace Corps Guinea.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I love my brain

As of yet, I haven't talked to a counselor in Washington. But I've been spending my time trying to do things to be nice to myself, to feel good, to just let my brain have some space to bounce back.

And it turns out, I really like what my brain decides to do.

*cue scene*

Mary walks into a blessedly cool, tiled floor, bunk-bed occupied room. With no conscious thought, she leaps and twirls and sways and bends in what any ballerina would scoff at. There's no music, not even in her mind. Just moving in a way that feels good. Not thinking about what it looks like, not thinking about how bad her dancing has always been or how none of it really goes together. Not thinking. Just dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment