Welcome to my blog! Thoughts, updates, and photos from my 2 years in Peace Corps Guinea.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Some photos; not the most recent ones though


View upon arrival to Conakry!

My bed, pre-sheets and mosquito net

The view from the training center. That 2 story house belongs to my host family, but isn't lived in.

Boats at the port

My baller new clothes

Waterfall fun the second week!

The remains of hummus and spaghetti from the waterfall. Aka SO TASTY

A monkey kept by a different hotel (not my pic)

Some other volunteers at our unsuccessful waterfall outing
New photos soon, but I thought I'd get some more pics up on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary! I was recently invited (& happily accepted) to serve in Guinea! I'll be a CED Advisor, and depart in late November. I've read your blog, thirsty for knowledge about PC in Guinea. If you have any tips about packing (clothes? electronics?) or ways to prepare, I would love to hear from an expert! I have a blog page I'm creating as a resource (http://tinyurl.com/sahftb-advice), or please just comment back. Thanks so much!! I hope you are enjoying your service!!

    ReplyDelete