Welcome to my blog! Thoughts, updates, and photos from my 2 years in Peace Corps Guinea.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Few of my Favorite things

Foods:
Cookies: The freshbaked ones that taste like shortbread/pie crust
Manioc Leaf Sauce: It's the shit. It's ground up leaves with peanut butter and coconuts and spices and some fish in there too. mixed with the rice, it tastes a lot like indian food.
Bissap juice: Hibiscus? Possibly bad for the health but I do what I want
Sopsop: The best fruit in the world. Nom nom nom. Hard to find

Activities:
Yoga before school (only occasionally)
Sousou/english lessons with my family
movie nights with the americans
Drinking cafe au lair and eating egg sandwiches in a cafe

Material goods:
My headlamp
my pillows
my kindle
My blue-gray dress that matches my eyes
my chacos

4 comments:

  1. what - no raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you have favorite things over there! is it starting to feel like home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. is sopsop also called soursop? according to wikipedia it's in the same family as the pawpaw WHICH IS AWESOME.

    now when you pick a pawpaw, or a prickly pear, and you prick a raw paw, well next time, beware! don't pick the prickly pear by the paw when you pick a pear try to use the claw! but you don't need to use the claw when you pick a pear of the big pawpaw. have i given you a clue?

    *jazzy muted trumpet interlude*

    ReplyDelete
  4. was there ever an invention so great as the kindle?

    ReplyDelete