Welcome to my blog! Thoughts, updates, and photos from my 2 years in Peace Corps Guinea.

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Who inspires you?

I asked Kalil to share some words that he has found inspiring. What motivates someone to keep trying after all he had  been through?



Au moment que je faisais la 11ém année, un jours j'avais beaucoup faim et je n'avais rien comme mangé ce jours là, seul dans la chambre, jai pris un livre de litterature pour la lecture, arriver à un certain niveau, jai vu une citation de Abraham Lincoln en disant ( Rappelez-vous toujours que votre résolution de réussir est plus importante que toute autre chose). madame, soudaiment jai retrouvé larme sur mes yeux et je me suis motiver de plus.

C'est juste une petite histoire que je viens de me rappeler madame

Translation:
One day, when I was in eleventh grade, I was really hungry and I hadn't eaten that day. I was sitting alone in my room And I picked up a literature textbook to read. Flipping through it, I saw a quote from Abraham Lincoln, which read "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." 

Madame, suddenly I felt tears well up in my eyes and I found my motivation again.


It's just a little story that I just recalled, Madame.





(Mary again) I swear, every time I talk to him I am reassured that if there was one kid whose life I really should have tried to change, I picked a damn good one. He inspires me. And it's no wonder he was Slac's best friend, despite the ten years between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment